If you have a sweet tooth you will really like this. On the cruise they served this for breakfast, we all thought it was really good so I decided to see if I could find a recipe online for it and I did. I tried it out yesterday and it turned out really good just make sure you don't let the bread sit in the egg mixture or else the bread will be way too soggy. Trust me I know.
Sugar-Crusted French Toast
3 large eggs
1 egg yolk
1 3/4 cups whole milk
1/3 cup sugar
4 Tbsp sugar plus 1/2-1 tsp cinnamon (mix together)
1/2 Tbsp vanilla extract
1/4 tsp salt
6 4x4x1 in slices egg bread (I used Texas toast from Vons and it worked great)
3Tbsp unsalted butter
Melt 1 1/2 Tbsp butter in large nonstick skillet over medium heat. Sprinkle skillet with sugar-cinnamon mixture. (If you cannot fit 4 bread slices on the skillet use less butter.)
Whisk eggs, yolks, milk, 1/3 cup sugar, vanilla, and salt in bowl. Dip bread into egg mixture,one side at a time. Place bread on skillet. Sprinkle sugar-cinnamon mix on top of bread. Cook until golden brown then turn bread over. Enjoy!
Wednesday, April 23, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


6 comments:
Sounds yummy! I'll definitely give it a try. Thanks for the post.
Yummy! Thanks! Nate will be sooo happy.
Ok, I'm pretty sure I'm going to try this tomorrow morning. Thanks for sharing Jen
I have been thinking about the "Cruise French Toast" since we got home. Thanks for finding and posting this recipe.
AWesome, thanks!!
This looks like a good one! I am going to have to give it a try. By the way, cute house!
Post a Comment