Monday, October 13, 2008

The big 2 9!


Happy Birthday Jared! We love you!
We celebrated Jared's birthday yesterday with a barbeque and cake. We had a great time celebrating with friends. We feel so blessed to be surrounded by so many wonderful people that have really helped us in our short time here (although we still miss CA and home and love all you guys).
I think because Jared's birthday is in October I associate his birthday with Halloween so I made him a Halloween themed cake and I have to say I'm pretty proud of myself. I don't consider myself crafty or creative but I think I did okay on his cake.
The witch is made from fondant icing. I found a recipe online that only called for marshmallows, powdered sugar and water so it was super easy to make.
I think a post wouldn't be a post with out a picture of Sam. He turns 2 on Saturday so I'll have pics of birthday next week. Can you believe it?

4 comments:

jen said...

time goes by so fast! i can't believe he's two either. he's so cute and we miss you guys!!

Karolyn said...

That's better than any cake I've ever made. Whenever I try to write words on a cake it looks like a first grader did it. It looks like you are really enjoying Virginia. We hope Jared had a great day.

Brooke Soderholm (crazysodfam) said...

Hey guys! Thanks for inviting us! We had a great time. Jen, the cake looked awesome. You are good with parties.

We had fun today too. Sorry we had to leave early again. We were sad to have to miss the cake!

Now I am going to have fun looking through your blog. Do you mind if I add your link to my friends list? See you tomorrow!

Patty said...

Hey Jen you are getting cake pro!! Jared's and Sam's cake are so cute!! Happy b-day for them!!!